Terra Global advises on structuring and implementing institutional arrangements and financing structures for forest and agriculture mitigation activities.
Terra Global's approach to structuring is founded on equitable alignment of incentives and rewards to all stakeholders. Terra Global’s finance team is highly experienced across different types of transaction structures, bringing together experience in emission reduction implementation and project finance, corporate finance, derivatives and risk management.
Commercialization support includes:
- Developing capacity and providing technical support for the commercialization of REDD+ programs working with local partners under multiple tenure schemes
- Creating financial modeling tools required to quantify financing requirements
- Building cost estimates for emission reduction validation and verification
- Deploying aggregation entities that, i) secure carbon rights, ii) define participant’s roles, iii) specify governance, funds management and benefit sharing structures, iv) attract new sources of finance
- Establishment of investment entities required for private investments
- Structuring terms for private investments and emission reduction transactions
- Designing and managing due diligence
- Execution of risk mitigation instruments, including OPIC political risk insurance